A mother in Spotsylvania County, Virginia, faces felony murder and child neglect charges after her 4-year-old son died from eating marijuana-infused gummies earlier this year.
Get the NBC4 Washington app for iOS or Android and pick your alerts.
But the detective said she found an empty THC gummy jar in the house and toxicology results showed Tanner Clements had extremely high levels of THC in his system, documents say.
"THC gummies definitely in any quantity pose a risk to children.
The amount of THC in gummies is not regulated and can vary widely.
Parents should lock up any products with THC to make sure kids can’t get to them, McCabe said.
What to Do If a Child Accidentally Eats THC Gummies. »