Sydney has been working at McDonald's for around seven months and told CNN that this was just another routine weekend shift.
After handing a customer some of her food in the drive-thru , Sydney popped back out of the window to let her know the rest was on the way.
That's when Sydney noticed the woman was choking on a chicken nugget.
Sydney instructed both her manager and the woman's daughter to call 911 as she quickly jumped through the window to help the woman.
The maneuver didn't work the first couple of times Sydney tried, so she called on a bystander to assist.
"And sure enough Sydney is sitting outside waiting for us to pick her up and says 'So this happened today.'".
"We always worried it was going to be a challenge for her, and it's done a complete 180", Tom told CNN. »